Yes, I know. I have been slacking on the Blog.
I have been wanting to blog more, but as I mentioned in the previous blog there isn’t really a lot of time left in the day after all is said and done.
If you have been following along you can see on my Strava that I am now sitting in Wheeling, WV. And if you have watched my Instagram story then you will know that I have had some of the finest food one can have from a gourmet convince store (sacarism).
I saw the Home of Patrick Gass, who was the carpenter for the Lewis & Clark Expedition.
AND, I was in the town of Newcomb, NY, which is where Theodore Roosevelt became the president. Neat, right?!
Okay, Oaky, so here are a few things I would like to know:
- Why do New Yorkers call Firewood ‘Campwood’ or ‘minglewood’?
- Why does everyone leave their car idling all of the time, even when there is no one in the car?!
- why do dogs hate bikers?
-Why do drivers in Pittsburgh really hate bikers?
- Why can’t I bike back into the USA from Canada? (I was made to take a shuttle)
- Why it cost $1USD or $1 Canadian Dollar to enter Canada on a bike when the currencies are worth different amounts?
- Why does the girl at Duncan Doughnuts think her water is better because there is chlorine in it?
- Why is hard to find postcards in New Hampshire and West Virginia?
Ive also discovered that headwinds can help keep bugs away, which is THE only good thing about headwinds.
i’ve gotten really good at doing laundry in the shower, and I’ve gotten even better at guessing what kind of road-kill is coming up by the smell.
The big-rig truckers and the Harly Davidson Bikers are becoming my friends. We wave at each other, and I have even gotten a few truckers to use the air horn!
AND, the best deal going at all convince stores is 2 large Gatoraides for $3. Also, let it be noted that you can stand in walk-in coolers to cool off during your ride.
Ive also rediscovered a love for nachos from 7/11, and ice cream in any variation.
Its also been great chatting with locals and local bikers. They generally have good advice, and when it’s not it makes it all the more fun.
Thanks for reading:) And, apologies for the poor grammar and spelling. *I just rode 70 miles and I’m still hungry, plus I need to figure out where I am staying tomorrow!